Clean Language Online Advanced Course
A 4-week interactive online course with Nick Pole
This course is for you if you have already have some experience working with Clean Language and would like to be part of a small, committed group to learn how to use Clean questions in online sessions and – once the corona crisis has passed – how to integrate it more effectively into working with touch.
It will be live and interactive, using the flexible virtual workshop platform Zoom, and one key aim of the course is to increase your confidence in using Clean Language as part of any online support you are currently offering your clients. We will also be:
- Helping you to stay flexible and creative in your responses when the client seems stuck or unwilling to answer Clean questions,
- Exploring in detail how Clean questions make it easier to sense through words, sounds and gestures what is happening with your client’s Ki,
- Looking at how to keep a ‘map’ of the client’s process in your mind during the session so you know what key words to return to during the session and at the end.
During the live Zoom sessions:
- I will be working one-to-one with members of the group in demonstration sessions.
- You can work with another participant with coaching from me.
- We will use the Zoom break-out rooms to work together in twos and threes.
- We will share insights from our case-studies, (with appropriate consideration for confidentiality).
- General group discussion to share experiences and ask your own questions.
Course dates and fee
June 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
The course fee is €99 or £90GBP and payment options will be sent when you register.
For full course details and to book your place, contact Nick at: [email protected]
See Nick’s interview with Mark Vroonland on ‘Body-Friendly Language’ for the European Shiatsu Congress 2020 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzlw3gn5MQ0
From Trauma to Joy
Workshop at the Shiatsu Festival, 3-5th July Zierenberg, Germany
Shiatsu, Improv and Beginner’s Mind
Workshop at the European Shiatsu Congress 2020, 4th-6th Sept, Amsterdam
Wenn das Trauma stärker Macht
30th Oct-1st Nov, KiCollege, Heidelberg
Words That Touch
2-day Introduction to Clean Language in Shiatsu
21/22nd Nov, Shinzui Bodywork International Institute, Brussels
Nick Pole working with Tracy Krikler at the European Shiatsu Congress, Vienna 2017
What Clean Language is about…
Understand how language can have a direct effect on a client’s mind, body and energy, for better or for worse, depending on how skilfully it’s used;
Listen to, and respectfully explore, the client’s verbal and non-verbal metaphors, since these can be the key to making positive, lasting change;
Liberate yourself from thinking that you need to know the answers;
Help your clients bring trust and compassion to the bodymind and its symptoms.
‘Words That Touch’ is an introduction to this phenomenally effective way of asking very simple questions, which help clients to make their own mind/body connections and participate more in their own healing process. Clean Questions bring a Zen-like clarity to understanding what a client really wants from a session, and are an excellent way of keeping the therapist’s own unconscious judgements, preconceptions and prejudices to a minimum in communicating with the client.
The course is open to practitioners of shiatsu and any other kind of bodywork who are interested in integrating Clean Language into their work with clients and students. In this workshop, we will explore both words and touch as an extension of the presence, awareness, curiosity and compassion we bring to the process of meeting another person. The kind of contact we will be using during the course will be simple and intuitive and you don’t need any formal training in shiatsu or any other kind of bodywork to do it.
See Nick’s YouTube demonstration how effective one simple Clean Language question can be here.
In this experiential workshop we will explore through movement, posture, metaphor and touch how mind and body communicate within a therapeutic relationship. If you are interested in how Clean Language can help your clients get more from their treatments, this workshop will give you an unforgettable taste of the many ways that language can open your awareness of Qi.
You will learn how to:
• Discover the mind-body connections hidden in the key words your clients use.
• Keep your therapeutic language as free as possible from your own unconscious pre-suppositions, preferences and judgements.
• Help clients work mindfully with the fears that can block their healing process.